Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What a day!

Oh what a day it has been. No pictures today. Our day started at 4:40am when Jacob decided to wake up. Adam tried really hard to get him back to sleep, but he kept screaming (that would be Jacob screaming, not Adam). I then nursed him and got him back to sleep in his bed. He got up about 8am and I finally got him out of his bed at 830am. I was so tired (I still have a headache from interrupted sleep).

We then had a really weird day. From the time he woke up until 11am, I had nursed him 3 times. He slept for about an hour when the constant barking of the dog woke him up (if my eyes could kill, that dog would be dead as a doorknob and then some!). Needless to say, I am still angry at the dog. Jacob was up and crying from oh about 1030am until 245pm when I finally got him to sleep.

He is still asleep now (it is 400pm) and we have to leave in 30min, but I am not waking him up. I have to go to the dollar store before youth and then get to youth early. I will probably be late, but I am not waking up that kid of mine for nothing!

Maybe Friday I will have time for pictures and posts. I like to do several posts at a time and save them in drafts and then publish them through out the week. It is easier for me to take an hour to blog instead of taking 10min each day. I'm weird.

I do have to tell you my 3 roach stories (nothing tops Rachel Grubb waking up to find one crawling on her...she slept with the light on the rest of the night!):

Roach story #1: We went to Chick-Fil-a for lunch on Monday (they were giving away free chicken strips if you wore a sports team something so we all, Jacob included, dressed in our FSU shirts and got free chicken - even Jacob!) and I needed to feed Jacob the baby food that I packed. I was rummaging through his diaper bag to find the spoon that had fallen to the bottom and I found a roach. GROSS!!!!! I just calmly pushed the bag towards Adam and told him what was in it. He killed the roach, but then couldn't find it. I made him empty out the bag just to double check that the roach wasn't in there.

Roach story #2: That night (Monday night) I was taking a bath and I saw a HUGE roach behind Jacob's rubber ducky on the side of the tub. Again, calmly (I don't know where I found the strength not to scream) I asked Adam to come and get it. My face was covered in soap and I just sat there with my knees pulled up tight and my toes curled waiting for Adam to finish shaving and rescue me from this filthy beast. Well, Adam tried ever so hard to rescue me, but the roach fell into the water! Adam picked it up and it fell again and he picked it up and it fell again and...you get the picture. I couldn't scream because Jacob was asleep, but I was screaming on the inside. I was just frozen on the outside. I'm pretty sure the roach pooped in the water. Needless to say, I was done with my bath. I drained the water, finally washed the soap off my face and started breathing again for the first time in 10min!

Roach story #3: So last night I was trying to go back asleep after being woken up by someone (I will not name names) snoring. I felt something fall down my neck and I thought it was my hair. I felt that area and realized that my hair was too short to do that and had a fleeting thought that it might be a roach, but I was too tired to think about it and I didn't feel anything any more. Well, this morning, with Jacob sitting right next to me. I got out of bed and what did I find where I was sleeping?!?!? A roach!!!!!!!

I could go on and on. Those are just the latest roach adventures. I am so over the roaches. They are so HUGE and GROSS! I am not just being girly here, we have a big problem and my stomach can't take it anymore. Die you filthy roaches! We are getting bug bombs at the grocery store on Sunday (if I can last that long) and that will be the last of those menaces...hopefully!

1 comment:

Butschek Family said...

I have no idea how you of all people handled those nasty roaches. I give you props!! I could not have done it. I would have moved out already!! Love you;)