Monday, September 15, 2008

My Big Protector Afraid Dog!

Garnet sheds a ton! He is a big dog (although he has lost 15lbs! - he was a little overweight). He is a funny dog. He barks oh so ferociously at butterflies.

He loves swimming and last night Adam reminded me of the time he jumped off the dock into the lake - well, that wasn't his plan. He thought that the lilly pads was the ground. He was very surprised to find himself in water!

He is doing OK with Jacob. He has his moments. He is really good if there is just one of us in the room, but when there is more than 1 adult, he acts up. He got in trouble lately for chewing one of Jacob's toys. He is getting better, but I don't trust him to leave him alone with Jacob.

Anyway, the point of this post. Because Garnet sheds, our area rug is covered in his hair. I went into the garage today to get the vacuum cleaner to clean all of his hair off of the rug. The vacuum was hidden behind some stuff and I was struggling getting it free. Garnet was lounging in the garage by the door to the house (his favorite spot when the garage is open) and saw that I was struggling. He stood up and I thought, "Oh how sweet! He is coming to check on me." Nope! He high-tailed it out of the garage.

You see, Garnet is deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner! Here I am thinking that he is coming to rescue me - he is a big goof ball. I love him, but somehow I think that if I did ever need protecting that he would lick the person to death (death by slobber drowning)!

**Note: the vacuum cleaner pictured is not the vacuum that I have. It is a Dyson animal and it is on my wish list for one day. In our old house, I couldn't justify it because we didn't have enough carpet, but we do now! I have 2 friends that have one and they swear by it. One friend vacuum her whole house with her old vacuum and then immediately vacuumed it again with the Dyson animal and was applaud at the amount of stuff it picked up. I have a friend who has a friend (sounds like I'm in the mob or something) who can get them cheaper because of where they work so hopefully one will be coming to live at my house soon!

1 comment:

The Heuslein Family said...

I would like to second the nomination for the Dyson. I got one about 1 year ago and I LOOOOOOVE it. I don't even have any animals, but soon I will have more carpet to use it on. It was terrifying how much dirt I got out of the apartment carpet... Just the thought that it might not be my dirt... :) Anyways, I love my Dyson and would highly suggest it.