Saturday, October 04, 2008

Standing

Jacob is becoming a pro at standing now (which I learned at his developemental Dr's appointment is a 10-month milestone!). He pulls up on everything that he cans and then proceeds to climb on top of it! We went shopping Sunday and got him a play table (pictured below) and he loves it. Today was the first day he stood at it without being helped. After he stands and plays a little, he stretches his arms out and tried to climb on top of it - he even lifts his leg as if he is going to actually climb it. Oh my, I am going to have to watch this one.

He is doing better about standing in his crib during nap time (pictured is the first time he stood in his crib since we lowered it). He normally stands and cries soon after I put him down (he cry sounds different when he stands so I can normally tell when he does it) and I go in and pick him up and tell him that he is not allowed to stand in his crib during nap time and that I love him and it is time to go to sleep. I have done it several times and he has not stood up again during that nap (that is until he wakes up), so hopefully it will continue to work.




1 comment:

Thomas and Juli said...

I love your whole long conversation about nap time. I can see you say: "You are not allowed to stand up in your crib during nap time, Jacob; no sir! It is nap time, son, so go to sleep. I love you!" He does understand you believe it or not. You are a great mom!