Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleep Baby Sleep!

Jacob slept through the night and I couldn't be happier!

You see, my little man was sick all weekend. It started with him getting up early on Friday. He was hungry, tired and cranky. I fed him and we were both about to fall back asleep so we took a nap together. I had to work to keep him asleep as he kept waking up and fussing, but we slept until 10am. When he woke up he was burning up. I took him temperature and he had a 99.8 degree fever.

That started our long weekend of a constant low fever, lots of Tylenol and oragel. Friday was the lounge day as it seemed the fever bothered him more. He was just whimper and wanted to cuddly all day. I didn't complain as he doesn't sit still anymore (but it did make it difficult for me to get my shower in). He took 5 naps and only one of those was in his own bed!

Saturday I went to the Southern Women's Show (so fun; John and Kate from John and Kate +8 were there answering questions!) so Jacob had a Daddy day. His teeth were hurting him more. He cried a lot and screamed a lot. It seemed that nothing we did comforted him.

He didn't sleep much Friday or Saturday night (Saturday we were up with him from 1130pm-130am and 330am-5am).

After lots of tears, lots of medicine, exhausted parents, hardly any sleep - Jacob slept through the night last night. I love my son to death and although it took a ton out of me, I enjoyed every moment of taking care of him (and I did my fair share of worrying and crying as I felt so helpless). I think the worst part about this whole thing is . . . we still have no teeth! Oh my, what is he going to be like when they finally come in?!?!?

No comments: