Tuesday, April 01, 2008

He's Huge!

My Jacob is such a big man! We went to the doctor Wednesday and now he is about 8.5lbs! He is growing so fast. The doctor still wanted me to get in more feedings (I think he wants me to stuff him), but said if I can't that it is OK. He is growing great!

Jacob can't figure out if he wants to sleep through the night or not. Some nights he sleeps until 5am and other nights he only sleeps until 2am. No matter what time he gets up to eat, he then wakes up again (between 6:30-8:00) gassy. He isn't hungry yet or really ready to get up, he is just gassy and screaming. I don't know what to do to help him not have that rude wake up call. Any suggestions?

This past week he got to spend time with 3 of his great-grandparents. My Mimi and Pop (my dad's parents) were so cute with him, especially Pop. He kept just looking at him when Mimi was holding him and at one point he told her that she had had enough and took him from her. When it was time for us to leave, I found Jacob and Pop asleep on their porch - how cute. My Grama (my mom's mom) was so excited and happy to see him. He slept on her for several hours. You could just tell that she just ate it up. Of course I have no pictures - bad mommy. Maybe next time they get to spend time with him he will be awake. He is too cute when he is awake.

He is smiling more at me! Normally it has to be just at the right time...after he eats, once he has puked all he wants and before he gets sleepy. The other night he not only smiled at me so big, but squealed with joy - it made me cry. I woke up Adam to tell him about it. Every once in awhile, you'll get a coo with the smile. He is so fun. It is hard to stop looking at him. I keep getting asked "how do you ever put him down?" It is hard, but when I don't want to I think about how cranky he will be if he doesn't sleep and how I will have to hold him and not put him down and that helps motivate me to let him get his naps in!

Adam was too cute last night. It was so nice outside so we ate out back and enjoyed the weather. After dinner I started playing with Garnet (something I never do). I was trying to get him to catch the frisbee. Adam and I then started tossing the frisbee to each other and playing basketball. It was nice. When we went to bed he said "thanks for playing with me outside. I can't wait until Jacob is out there with us and says 'daddy, daddy over here' and 'mommy, mommy come play with me'." My husband is a GREAT daddy.

Here are some cute pictures of Jacob sleeping. I had to include some pictures of the dog. He is a weird bird. Adam had to completely cut back the tangerine tree this year. When we pulled all of the vines out last year, you could really tell that the vines were supporting the tree and when all of the fruit came in this year (there was a TON!) the tree looked more like a weeping willow than a tree. So he cut it back and the branches are in a pile in the yard. My dog, the crazy thing that he is, keeps getting a tangerine, peeling it and eating it...yes, I said he is peeling the tangerine. He is very talented!



No comments: