Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm Too Cute

Jacob is my favorite little boy. He is too cute now. He is 3 months old! Time has flown soooooo fast. I figured it was time for another update:

Today we went and had professional pictures taken. My sister works at a photography studio (http://www.michaelcairns.com/) and he did our pictures for us. We got a CD and they are so good. They still need to be retouched a bit (the naked ones will have a solid black background), but at the end of the post are some of our favorite!

EATING: He is eating so well. I think he is trying to nurse less. About 75% of the time he takes 30-45min to nurse (instead of an hour). I think that means he is eating faster and not less. I still feed him every 4 hours during the day, but now only once at night. He gets up at night anywhere between 3:30-4:30am. We give him 2oz of formula after he nurses right before bed and that helps him last longer. He is nursing really well. I could tell a big difference about a week past his due date; it is like it really clicked then. He is thankfully starting to be more awake through his feedings and just looks at me and at my arm (poor thing - my arm is the only thing in his line of sight. If you see me one day with drawings all over the top of my arm it is because I finally felt so badly about him just staring at my pasty white arm and decided to do something about it!).

SLEEPING: He is sleeping great. He goes to bed around 10:00-10:30pm and sleeps sometimes as late as 4:45am! He then wakes up in the mornings between 6:30am and 7:00am, but he isn't ready to eat...he just needs to be cuddled while he sleeps longer. He then wakes up for his day between 8:00am and 9:00am (I like the 9:00am days!). He has started taking naps during the day. Normally he is awake about an hour after his breakfast and lunch and then goes down for a nap. He falls asleep on my chest and I lay him down on the couch and he is good to go. The only downfall to that is that when he doesn't get those naps or if he is off his routine too much he gets cranky, but for the most part, even when he is over tired, I can get him to fall asleep on me.

BATH: This kid still loves his bath. He gets a bath about every other day (he doesn't get that dirty, but his hands do get pretty sour smelling). As long as he isn't too hungry during bath time he just relaxes and enjoys the water.

WAKE TIME: I love his awake time. He is so alert and looks around. He loves lights and the fan. He always find the lights and stares so intently at them. I think he only blinks every 5min or so! He loves his bouncy seat and is starting to enjoy the swing more. When he is awake sometimes I just put him on the couch, in a crack so he doesn't go anywhere, and have him face the window and he is as happy as can be for at least an hour. He is trying to smile. Today during his pictures he was responding to everyone talking to him and you can tell he wants to smile so badly. Any day now I know he will do it. He did smile at me when I was talking to him, but he wouldn't do it again so I don't know if it was a real "response" smile or just gas.

FRIENDS: Here is a picture of him with his friend, Luke. Luke was born about 2.5 weeks after Jacob. He was supposed to be 6 weeks older than Jacob. They are too cute together!

DOCTORS: Poor thing has 2 doctors appointments this week. He gets him flu shot tomorrow and then goes to his pediatrician Wednesday and will get more shots. Wednesday will be a long day as he is cranky after those shots. The good news is he gets to get weighed! We are guessing he has to be close to 9lbs, but we will know for sure on Wednesday.

MOVEMENT: He is still a mover. He never stays where you put him. He doesn't move far, but he is always on the move. We like to put him on our chest and kind of hold him back and watch him move his head. It is so slow and controlled...then he gets tired of holding it up and it starts to bobble and then falls down. Too cute.

Here are some pictures from our shoot today...enjoy!

No comments: