Friday, April 18, 2008

What a week!

I went back to work this week. It has been an adjustment for all of us. I am now working 3-days a week (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday).

Jacob did great at the babysitters. She has 3 children that he gets to play with. The 2 oldest wait by the window in the mornings for Jacob to get there. I wonder if he is bored at home since he doesn't have any playmates? He is adjusting OK to the new schedule. He has had trouble this week sleep through the night, but last night he slept from 1030-730! It was wonderful! He is rolling over and cooing more. It is so fun to start to see things "click" with him.

I am adjusting to being back at work. It is hard to work when Jacob has been awake a lot in the night. Thursday I was trying to work on only 4.5 hours of sleep! I am staying busy at work which makes it easy to forget that I have abandoned my son. I cry most of my tears Sunday night and have done pretty well.

Adam is adjusting too. He has moved to the Apopka clinic. He has 2 7am days and those are rough, plus he has been covering some in Longwood and he has to be there at 7am. We are looking forward to when he gets on a consistent schedule.

So, in the Shaw house we are getting little sleep and moving full steam ahead. Hopefully only one more "adjustment week" and we will be settled into a routine and happy. Speaking of happy, Jacob is no longer happily napping and is yelling for me.

No comments: