Friday, April 11, 2008

It's All About Jacob Day Update Part 3

So the little man was fussy on his back so I tried putting him on his belly on his play mat. I then continued cleaning floors (which I finally finished...sometimes I think carpet would be easier as it is just 1 step to clean and not 2, plus drying time!) and heard him fussing. I went in the living room and he had flipped over on his back! He hasn't flipped over completely in a long time (he normally gets caught on his arm!). I flipped him back on his belly and then he flipped over again. Every time he was on his back he would get mad and he would only flip to his right. After doing this about 6 times, I could tell he was sleepy and ready for a nap.

It was 1pm already, so I rocked him a bit and put him down on his belly. I continued cleaning and shortly he was fussing. He had flipped to his back. Why I didn't expect this I don't know. I flipped him back on his belly and blocked him from rolling over. He then proceeded to scream at me for 10min before I finally picked him back up. I rocked him to sleep and 45min after we started, he was down for a nap.

He woke up at 3:30 ready to eat! I fed him and now he is playing. He should be ready to eat again at 7:30, but I don't think he'll be ready for bed then. I guess I will feed him again at 9:30ish and then put him to bed. I guess he doesn't really want to cut out a feeding, he just wanted to sleep longer in the mornings. That is fine by me as I just read today that babies normally eat 6 times a day until they are 1 year - Jacob is just really advanced. My pediatrician keeps trying to get me to add feedings, but Jacob doesn't want to eat more so I guess Dr. C will be happy that he isn't cutting out a feeding.

I go back to work on Monday so I don't know how that will interrupt Jacob's schedule. We will be leaving the house around 8am (or at least that is the plan). We will just see how it goes.

He is a video of Jacob rolling over. I sound really high on the video...sorry. I took it with my camera so it isn't that great, but at least you can watch my super advanced man!

No comments: