Monday, July 28, 2008

Discovery

My little man is getting so big. He is 7 months old and growing and learning every day. He can eat both of his feet now! He constantly has something in his mouth. We are staying busy between work, church and keeping up with Jacob (hence the lack of posts and even more so the lack of pictures!). It is fun and tiring, but there is nothing I would change.

Jacob rolls everywhere. We put him on the bed with pillows all around him to keep him from rolling off the bed. Yesterday, he "jumped" over his pillow barricade and got stuck. I guess I can't do that much longer.

He is eating great. He hasn't met a single food that he didn't like. He really wants to eat and drink whatever we have and is constantly grabbing at things. As he gets more active, he is quickly learning what "no" means and is starting to recognize mommy's "stern" voice.

We moved him to his crib last Saturday (it was his 7-month-old birthday present!) and he is doing pretty good. We go in around 4am-6am when we hear him stirring and put him on this belly. He only rolls to the left in his crib so he gets stuck. He still has his moments when he doesn't want to sleep at night or tries to get up too early (this morning he tired to get up too early - he was fussing and crying, but his eyes were closed - he was confused on what he wanted).

Now for the title of the post: Jacob discovered his "pirates" (that is what a good friend of mine's child called their privates and I love it!). Adam was changing his diaper yesterday and he just stuck his hand down and grabbed on tight (and didn't flinch!) and of course I told him to stop, but Adam said not to be so concerned. He has only done it once since and hopefully he will not do it again...it makes me uncomfortable.

Oh, and I have decided that I MUST, for the sake of Jacob, have more children one day. I have WAY too much love for him and need more children so that I can spread the love around. If I don't have any more kids, I don't think Jacob will survive me. Good thing we are planning on having more one day (3 more...right, Adam?!? haha, we'll see about that!).

No comments: