Friday, March 07, 2008

We're Alive...

...just in case you were worried. I know I haven't posted in awhile. I have been sick - yuck! I don't have the flu, but have felt poorly all week. I'm feeling better now...I just have this weird cough left and my voice is horse (do you spell that the same way you spell the animal?).
Jacob is doing GREAT! God has protected him from getting sick and we are so grateful.

I took him to the doctor Monday just to get weighed and our little man is a HUGE 7lbs 3oz! I tweaked the feeding plan that the doctor put us on. I am back to feeding him every 4 hours - my most favorite schedule - and it is working out much better for us. When I tried every 3 hours, he wasn't eating as much and wouldn't take a full feeding so it was uncomfortable for me and frustrating.

I now offer him a 2oz bottle after most of his day-time feedings. Sometimes he takes all of it and sometimes he just takes a little. I don't like not giving him purely breast milk, but he needs more food right now than what I have so whatever is best for him. Sometimes his little tummy doesn't like the formula and he spits up a lot so I don't offer him as many bottles. Whatever is right for him that day is what I do.

Tomorrow is a big day for him - as of tomorrow he will have been home longer than he stayed in the hospital. I'm baking a cake to celebrate (I'll post pictures tomorrow)!
Enjoy some updated pictures. The one of him on the couch captures his acrobatics the best possible. I put him on his belly and he starting flipping his head back and forth and arching his back - all to just look around. He is too funny!


No comments: