Saturday, March 08, 2008

Today We Celebrate!

Today marks the WONDERFUL day of Jacob spending more time at home than he did in the hospital! That is truly a reason to celebrate. He is so amazing. It is a wonder that I get anything done and don't just stare at him all day long.

I baked a cake to celebrate. Since I am not working and not really working on anything for youth I don't have a creative outlet...so I had to get my creativeness (is that a word?) out somehow. It tasted really good. It was 4 layers - the bottom was yellow cake, then 2 layers of marble cake and another of yellow cake all with chocolate frosting between the layers and butter cream frosting on the outside. It was yummy! Jacob really enjoyed it! =)

God is so good and it is such a treat when He shows us a heavenly concept in such an earthly way. What a better way to understand His love for His children, but by experiencing it for yourself with your children? I love Jacob so much and am so proud of him and want to do everything for him - God feels that for us but a billion times more.

Today Jacob looked me right in the eye and smiled...it was a coincidence, but it melted my heart. I long for the time when he will look at me and recognize me and respond to me. I love getting to know him and look forward to a time when he will really get to know me. When I thought about that, I was convicted. Isn't it the same with our Heavenly Father? Doesn't He long for time with us, a response from us? OK God - lesson learned (I like learning God lessons from my son).

On a different note, Jacob is trying to sleep through the night (I don't know how that parallels with our relationship with God, but it does show that God is looking out for me and my sleep!). Thursday night he skipped his 1am feeding and we woke him up to eat a little after 3am and then he was up at 7am and then 9am. Last night I said no more waking him up, if he wants to sleep through the night, oh Lord please let it be! Well, he got up at 3:30am and then was fussy because he was gassy at 6:30am so Adam put him in bed with him and then passed him to me around 7:30am and Jacob wasn't ready to eat until 9am! Oh may he repeat that tonight! I would really like for him to be down to 1 feeding by the time I go back to work. So for now, Jacob gets lots of prayer about his sleep and about his gas (he is going to love these stories one day - I might turn out to be one of those embarrassing parents after all!).

No comments: