Monday, March 10, 2008

Call me lazy...

...but I don't care!

Today is the best day - it started at 11:15am! I haven't felt this good in a week. Jacob had a rough night Saturday night and I only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep...then, Sunday was a crazy day (we went to church, then straight to a youth meeting, then home for about 2 hours and then off to young marrieds) and I was soooo tired. Jacob decided last night to get up at 12:30am, then 4am then 6:45am. By 6:45am I was so sleepy that I asked Adam to give him a formula bottle so that I could sleep a little longer. Thankfully, my wonderful husband took care of him and Jacob drank just 2oz and went back to bed. About 9am he got fussy and I thought it was time to get up, but I put him in bed with me and I didn't wake up until 11:15 and he then slept until 11:45! It was wonderful (and helped us get back on the eating schedule that I love so much). I don't like my day starting so late, but I feel so rested and really needed that. Isn't he cute sleeping?!?

I just had to take a picture of him yesterday. He was so cute bundled up for the cold. So I have big news - he is wearing newborn diapers! This is a really big thing. I'm not sure if they really fit him, we'll see when he has a really dirty diaper. I'm hoping that they don't prove to be too big. You see, preemie diapers only come in packs of 20 and I can only find them at Target and Babies R Us. That means that I go through 1 pack every 2 days and have to drive to Altamonte just to buy diapers. I can get Newborn diapers at the grocery store and the smallest pack is a pack of 60. I'm so excited!

Jacob's favorite thing right now is dancing and singing. I'll put the TV on the worship music channel and we'll sing and dance together (well, I sing and he sings in his head). He just looks around and seems about as happy as he can be. If he is fussy, I just dance and sing and he calms down.

Everyone keeps saying that Jacob looks just like his dad. I do agree, but people he does look like me some! He has Adam's chin, but he has my nose, cheeks (although they are a little small right now) and my lips. Some of the faces he makes are my faces...so I pulled out the baby pictures to compare what Adam and I looked like to what Jacob looks like and he looks like both of us. See for yourself...

No comments: