Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's a Boy!

Well, I was supposed to wake up in the hospital this morning, but instead I was in my own comfy bed cuddling with my little man (that would be Jacob). Yesterday was Jacob's due date. God is so smart. Adam has had the flu since Saturday - wouldn't that be fun? Delivering a baby while Adam has the flu?

As I am writing this, my wonderful baby boy is sleeping across my legs. I can't believe that God let me have an extra 2-1/2 months with him! What a precious gift time is! I cannot imagine my life without him - I can hardly remember my life before him. He is doing so well (I'll post an update on him tomorrow). I love him so very much.

Yesterday was a crazy day (a sick husband, a very tired mommy and a visit to another doctor for another shot), it almost came and went without me taking the time to stop and think about what day it was. My mom sent me BEAUTIFUL flowers, one from her and one from Jacob. When I was born, my grandmother sent my mom flowers in a tea cup and yesterday my mom sent me flowers in a tea cup. I love things like that - things that have historical meaning, for lack of a better term.

What an amazing thing it is to be a mom. What an amazing gift God has given me. I pray for Jacob so much (more for his gas and tummy than anything) and had the coolest experience last night. Most would say it is coincidence, but I don't think there is such thing and I know that God hears the deepest cry of my heart - even if it is about spit up. I was praying for my little man before he went to bed and just asking God to help his tummy and for him not to spit up in his sleep (I am so afraid of that!). Well, before I finished the prayer, Jacob spit up. God answered my prayer - he spit up on me and not his bed!

I love that God takes care of the smallest things like spit up and the LARGEST things like our lives. He is so God to us. I don't know what I did to deserve this extra time with my son, but God has BIG plans for him and this didn't surprise Him. Thank you Lord for my precious gift, for the promises You have given us about him and for my extra time with him. I love him so much!

1 comment:

Lapp Family said...

Hey, great pics !! I can't wait to see him, wish we had known about the dedication ?? Don't forget Aunt Jenny, the GREAT Aunt LOL. He is beautiful and such an incredible gift, he looks exactly like Adam when he was a baby. If you have time , check out our new " baby" @ www.lappszoo.blogspot.com.
Take Care, hope to see you soon