Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Things Jacob Says...



My kid is the funniest kid in the world, not that I'm bias or anything!

The things that come out of his mouth are some of the funniest.

The other night, Adam and I went to peek in on him before we went to bed. Adam covered him with a blanket and he stirred. He rubbed his leg where the blanket was, smiled and said "thanks". In his sleep he has good manners...how to get that to translate to when he is awake is beyond me.

He is calling everyone Mommy. This started while we were at the beach (pictures and stories to come soon). It started as just a word used in desperation and then quickly it became what he called Adam and my mom. He has yet to call Adam "daddy" since we have been home. My favorite was when we were in the car and I was explaining to him (after he said "mommy" none stop for several minutes) that we had discussed before vacation that he was supposed to be a daddy's boy this week. Jacob quickly said "oh no no no no no, Mommy". That settled that. He was and still is a mommy's boy.

He repeats everything and is talking so well. We still have conversation where I have no clue what he is talking about, but I can see more and more he is trying to communicate with me something specific.

Yesterday morning he woke up and said "book". I told him that I had to change his diaper first. Then he said "oatmeal". I told him I had to change his diaper first. Then he said "cars". That boy knew what he wanted to do.

I have TONS to catch up on blogging. I'm going to try and knock that out today. So be prepared to be bombarded with blog posts!

No comments: