Monday, August 31, 2009

dear daddy

dear daddy,

i had the best day with my mommy today. i started the day with lots of coughing in my bed, but once I got up I had no more coughs.

I was so excited to spend the day with mommy. she wanted to get some work done, but i wanted to be with her. she would take a break from work and we would play with my cars. she would then sneak away and work some more. eventually i convinced her to stop working and play with me.

we played with blocks and then she read me 4 books. she made me fish sticks for lunch that were really yummy and then put me down for a nap. i thought that if i slept good that maybe she would play with me more when i got up.

when i got up, i worked really hard to be nice so she wouldn't put me in time out. i haven't been in since i got up, which is good because i spent a lot of time in there this morning, but i think i was just extra tired and cranky.

after my nap, she took me on a walk. it was really hot so we only walked for 30min. i did good. i ate goldfish and drank my water.

when we got home she left me in my stroller and started messing with something. i didn't know what she was doing so i just kept eating my fish.

she pulled out this funny looking thing and attached the hose to it! she took off my shorts and put me in it. it sprayed water on me. i didn't know what to think at first, but then i got brave and started playing in it. i liked it a lot.

i kept getting mommy wet. i got totally soaked, but i didn't mind. then she got out my pool and put water in that. i liked that a lot. then she put the funny looking thing in there and it sprayed me with more water and i liked that more.

i was very brave today. you know how i am with water. i had so much fun. we played outside for a long time.

then mommy took me in and let me shower with her. i didn't know what to think. i was a little upset cause she made me walk through the house with my soaked diaper on and that bothered me. i kept saying "diaper" until she took it off (don't worry, i got her back and went pee on her in the shower).

i got brave in the shower and mommy sat on the floor and played with me. i kept walking into the water and wasn't scared at all!

thank you so much for working so hard so that i can have fun days like this with my mommy. i love you!

-jacob


No comments: