Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Baby is Sick

My baby boy is sick. He asked to go to bed last night about 6:30 (which isn't too weird for him) and he didn't get up until 8am (which is really weird for him). He felt warm on his cheeks, but not his forehead so I thought it was just from him sleeping.
I gave him breakfast, but he was so cranky and fussy and would only eat about half. I got him down and tried to play with him, but he was still fussy and felt warmer than before.

I checked his temperature twice (he didn't like that and told me "nice, nice" which is what we say to him when he is being ugly) and it was 100 degrees. I wanted to stay home from the gym, but I wish it was for a better reason.

I gave him some medicine and his fever went down. He only takes one nap at 1pm these days, but today he went down for a nap at 1015 and is still sleeping. I just went in and check on him and he is on his belly with his arms tucked under and his knees tucked under and his feet crossed and he is whimpering. Poor thing.

We'll see how he does today and I might take him to the doctor tomorrow. Now off to motivate myself to workout at home while he sleeps...good luck to me!

No comments: