Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quick Update

I know I haven't posted an update in what seems like forever. This is just a quick recap of what has been keeping the Shaw family so busy lately:
  • Work, work, work
  • Unpacking the book shelves (and sneezing from dusty books)
  • Unpacking the computer desk (almost done!)
  • Washing bottles (I am weaning Jacob off of nursing so there are lots more bottles to wash)
  • Planning Jacob's birthday party for next month
  • Shopping for curtain hardware and decorations for the house
  • Sewing curtains with my mommy
  • Sewing a duvet cover for the guest room with my mommy
  • Planning the bed skirt for the guest bed
  • Picking up Jacob's toys 4+ times a day
  • Church
  • Youth
  • Watching Jacob move around more
  • Watching Garnet run from Jacob
  • Enjoying my new house
  • Washing Jacob's clothes (but not folding them; I can't find time for that, ugh!)
  • Keeping the house ready for guests at any time (this is all Adam wants from me; for our house to be guest-ready at all times and I'm happy to do it for him, it just takes time)
  • Making my bed everyday (gold star for me-that is a big thing!)
  • Hanging up my clothes everyday (gold star again-basic things, but big for me)
  • Loving my son to death
  • Sitting on the floor while Jacob climbs over me and plays
  • Listening to Jacob talk to himself making mostly just the "da" sound
  • Listening to Jacob throw a few "mommas" into his conversation
  • Stopping work because Jacob pulled himself up on my chair and when whining didn't get my attention, he tried "momma"
  • Loving my husband
  • Tolerating my dog and learning to love him for what he is
  • Wondering how many nights Garnet is going to wake me up snoring
  • Wishing I could get my behind in gear to walk everyday
  • Juggling just the daily tasks and trying to be more efficient so I can do things like walking
  • Getting up (most days) before Jacob so that I am showered and ready for my day (hair & makeup) when he wakes up (the day goes a lot better when that is done early)
  • Going to baby showers for Jenny and Stephanie
  • Enjoying my life, wishing for a little more time, but not wanting to change a thing!

No comments: