Saturday, November 01, 2008

House Tour Part 1

Here is the first part of my house tour. We moved our stuff in so fast. Adam had made several trips to the house with our stuff from dad's house, so we just had the guys meet us at our new house. They had the pod completely unloaded in 45min! Sean and Matt got started putting up our new lights and then Matt (and Stephanie and the baby in her belly) stayed until almost dinner time and were a huge help getting everything else set up.

This is my ceiling. Adam was in the attic running the cords for the TV (the components are hidden in our closet and you see no wires) and shifted his weight and went through the ceiling. Ahhh, memories!




That is all the installation that fell when his foot went through.



My taped ceiling.




The TV with no cords showing (my red wall isn't really that red). I love how it looks; just wish the hole wasn't there. We are going to have an attic ladder put in and the attic covering right now is texture just like the ceiling so we are going to use that for the patch. It should be fixed sometime this month. I responded good. I laughed for 2min, then made sure Adam was ok and then laughed some more. No point in crying. It happens! =)




OK, so this isn't a picture of the house. It is my brother with his new Jeep. This is for you Juli (and anyone else who hasn't seen his newest car). My dad bought him the Ford Focus, then he took that back and tried to sell it and bought him the Dodge. The Focus didn't sell, so Micah gave dad back the truck, sold the Focus and bought the Jeep. It is really high. He drove me to church in it on Sunday and I had trouble getting in with my fitted jeans and heals on!



This one is for you too Juli. Who would have thought that our brother would ever wear these shoes?!? The story goes: he was at work in his boots and was going to the APK game and forgot a change of clothes. He didn't want to wear boots with his shorts, so he bought these and has worn them several times (he even wore a blue dress shirt, khaki shorts and these shoes to church this Sunday; just when I think I have him figured out, he does something like this).
I know this wasn't a real tour. Just a glimpse, but I have lots more pictures and will get them up in parts. Tune in next time for the living room and dining room (how exciting is that?!?).
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all those who helped us move especially my mom who washed many dishes, Stephanie Metzler who dried many dishes and did way too much and stayed way too late, Sean Canada for helping to put up my pretty lights and Mr Matt Metzler for helping Adam so much - my house wouldn't look as pretty without you. Thanks so much. I love you guys!

1 comment:

The Heuslein Family said...

Now that is funny!! :)