Monday, May 26, 2008

Corn, corn and more corn

We are moved! We moved into my dad's house in Zellwood yesterday. We almost fit everything that we are storing on the pod. The guys fit everything in there just like a puzzle. I guess I'm not getting anything out now. Thank you so much Sean, Matt Metzler, Rick, & Thomas and Juli for helping us move. We couldn't have done it without you!

I am slowly unpacking everything. We have limited space so I'm trying to figure out the best place for everything. Adam has our computer hooked up, but not connected to the internet yet (I'm on my dad's computer) so when he gets it all working I'll post cute pics of our little man.

It is so different out here in Zellwood. There is corn, of course, (the annual corn festival was this weekend), but my dad also saw a bobcat in his yard - watch out Garnet! Our horse, aka Garnet, is slowly adjusting. It is really different. He is sleeping on the porch and there are lots of noises. My dad said he was barking at 4am! Hopefully he will adjust soon. We have a shock-collar fence for him. We'll try that on him tomorrow...should be interesting!

Jacob is doing pretty well. He has been congested now for I think 3 weeks. That is slowly getting better. He is constipated and that is not fun. Let's just say we had an interesting adventure Saturday involving grunting, me, my mom, A&D ointment and a thermometer (if you don't understand, you don't want to know). I think he is getting back to normal. I didn't give him anything but milk Sunday and today. I'll add back in baby food tomorrow (fruit only for a little) and hopefully that will help. He has been really clingy and not napping unless you are holding him, but it seems like he is back to sleeping through the night (cross our fingers). Poor little man, he is still so off. I hope everything gets back to normal for him.

Well, I'm off to go plop on the couch and rest more (Adam is watching a show on how things are made...boring!). We are exhausted and I am working 3-days in a row this week so hopefully we can catch up on some good rest tonight. I'll post pictures soon...

1 comment:

Butschek Family said...

I am glad that you guys are finally moved in and relaxing. I heard about the adventure with Jacob on Saturday. I'm glad I'm not your kid =) I definitely don't want things shoved up my butt!!! Although I am disappointed that you didn't call me to keep him for you. I love you guys!!! Stacy