Saturday, May 03, 2008

Yummy, yummy in my tummy!

We had our first experience with baby food last night. Jacob did great! We started with bananas (my favorite!). I put a blanket over his bouncy seat (to keep it clean) and put him in it and he was ready to go. I had breastfed him only on one side so he was still hungry, but not starving. Adam said it was weird that we were starting baby food when he couldn’t even sit up.


Jacob didn’t know what to think of the first bite, but after that he seemed to like it. It was hard to get the spoon in his mouth as he has to learn how to open his mouth, but he ate half of the jar. We also had to keep moving his hand out of his mouth – he really wanted to eat. I’m sure he would have eaten the entire thing if I would have let him, but I want to go slowly. Twice he even started to really cry when I didn’t get it to him fast enough. He was too cute. Adam fed him some as well. It was a fun family bonding time.

I’m going to give him bananas a couple more times and then move onto sweet potatoes. Once I do that for about a week or so, I’ll add in more feedings, but for now just one feeding a day. Enjoy the videos of his first experience with food!

No comments: