Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jacob is my son

So for those of you who know me, you know I like my schedule. In fact in college, I worked with a leadership program and was a mentor to and taught a leadership class to freshman. For Halloween they have a big party (I didn't go) and they made tomb stones for all of the mentors. Mine said that I died because I lost my planner.

Jacob made it very clear that although everyone says he looks like Adam, he is my son through and through. Yesterday morning he slept until 10am - an hour past his breakfast time! It was wonderful to get that extra hour of sleep. I figured he would be starving and eat a ton and I would then have to work to get him back on schedule. Nope, not my son. He ate less than usual so that when his normal lunch time rolled around (1pm) he was good and ready to eat. He did the same thing this morning. He woke up 45min late for his early morning feeding and ate less than normal and was good and ready when 9am rolled around and it was breakfast time. I love my scheduled son!

He is getting so much bigger. So many of you are asking how much he weighs. We go to the doctor tomorrow and will find out (Adam doesn't really want me to have a scale in the house. He thinks it will just depress me when I weigh myself and he is probably right!). You might have to be patient, though. You see we got our new computer today - hip hip hooray! I HATE our current computer. It is old, slow, has no more memory...I better stop before I hurt its feelings and it crashes on me for the 10th time today. So anyway, once Adam gets home from work we are going to start putting it together, but I don't know how quickly it will be up and running.
Mark you calendars - March 8th is a very special day. Jacob and I will be baking a cake to celebrate. March 8th marks the day when Jacob has spent more time at home than at the hospital!

Below is a picture of Mister Jacob to help give you some perspective (and show you my cute husband!). Don't drool over Adam ladies - he is taken!

No comments: