Friday, February 22, 2008

Ouch, Mommy!

Jacob went to the doctor today and he weighs 6lbs! He is such a big boy. He got his first round of immunization shots today. He got 4 shots - 2 in each thigh! He did well. He screamed of course, but calmed down quickly. I didn't know that he was going to get the shots today so I didn't give him any Tylenol. Hopefully he will not be too cranky. He has just been sleeping a lot.


He has gained about 1oz per day which is really good and Dr C. was pleased with that. He does want him to now start gaining 2oz per day so I have to increase his feedings to 8 times per day with 2 of those feeding being formula. We are doing a little formula just for the extra calories. The formula we have is 22 calories and breast milk is only 20 calories. I'm OK with giving him formula because that is what he needs, but I'm still a little disappointed. Hopefully at his 14 week check up we can take him back to 6 feedings a day and get him off the formula.


I think the most disappointing thing about adding the extra feedings is that he tried to sleep through the night last night. We have been getting him up at night whenever he stirs which is normally right on his feeding time, but last night we just let him stay a bit and he wasn't really ready to eat until 3am. Now, I have to get him up even more - he is so close to sleeping through the night. Oh well. He does sometimes get hungry an hour before his normal feeding time, so I guess I can't be surprised that he needs a little more food. I just hope I don't get too tired. He has really spoiled me with his eating schedule! Adam is going to help and give him one of his bottles at night so that I can sleep - he is so wonderful!


We got our new computer hooked up and I love it. I haven't set it up too much. It is Vista and I'm a little nervous about figuring out how to do things. I'm going through the setup steps that they have you do. The next step is to transfer files from your old computer to the new one. Hopefully that goes well. We don't have that much - just a TON of music and Jacob's pictures. I pretty much kept everything else at work (which they are burning on a DVD for me and it is taking over an hour!). I'm a happy camper now with my computer. No more complaining!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

6lbs! That is so tiny. Norah was 6lbs 1oz when she was born and she was a peanut. I am so glad to hear he is doing so well. I can't wait to meet him.