Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our Trip to Canada and Beyond!

Well, not really beyond Canada, but it sounded fun. We had a great time. The picture is of the hotel we stayed at Saturday night. When you looked out at the water you could see Canada and Washington (it was in Blaine, Washington). It was soooo pretty. It would be a GREAT vacation place if we ever won the lottery! Here is a play-by-play of the trip. . .

Thursday: We both worked half a day and then went home and clean and packed. I was stressed out with all that we had to do and didn't like leaving it to the last minute, but it worked out and we had about 30 minutes to spare. We got to the airport in plenty of time and our flight was delayed just a little and a storm was trying to move in so we tried to board the plane quickly, but people were slow. Adam and I were not supposed to sit together, but they were able to change our seat which was great! Because of lightening we sat on the runway for 2 hours. YUCK! The flight was really bumpy and my feet and calves swelled so much and didn't go down so I was really uncomfortable. We weren't bored though. They showed Ocean's 13. We made up some time in the air, but when we landed and got off the plane our other flight was supposed to be leaving. Thankfully it was delayed so we had 5 minutes to run all the way down the airport. Adam took off and I lost him and I trailed behind as fast as I could (I wasn't going to be the reason why we got stuck in Denver). We made it on the plane just in time and then it was delayed 1.5 hours for mechanical reasons and the air wasn't on. So we were tired and sooo hot, but just glad to make it on the plane. Although I was very worried about our luggage making it on. We were going to get to watch another movie so I was glad for the distraction, but of course it wouldn't be an adventure if we wanted to see the movie - it was Ocean's 13 again! Thankfully I had a good book to read. We were so sleepy and Adam slept a little, but my feet and legs hurt and I couldn't get comfortable (I would not recommend flying when pregnant). But we were on our way. When we landed I was VERY glad to see Adam pulling our luggage off. We got our rental car (an Impala!) and were off for our 2.5 hour drive into Canada. . .

FRIDAY: In the car I tried to stay awake. I wanted to help keep Adam awake, but I had to take a short nap. An awful smell from a paper mill woke me up. We guessed that the drive was beautiful. We couldn't see much as we were on dark, windy, mountain roads. Thankfully our car had GPS so we didn't have to worry about reading directions and driving. We got to the hotel at 6:15am our time and were soooo glad to go to bed. Adam had been up for over 24 hours and I had been up for almost 24 hours. We slept great!. The time change was nice in that we got up around 10am feeling pretty rested and still having a good chunk of the day left. We went to lunch with John and Carrie and then headed to the mall. Carrie was getting her nails done with the girls and Adam left his rehearsal clothes at home and had to buy pants. I just hung out with the girls and got a manicure (fun, fun) and Adam hung out with John (WAY TOO much bonding went on!). The day was relaxing until Carrie and I got stuck at the mall (our ride got lost) and we had only 15 minutes to get ready for the rehearsal. We made it and looked fabulous! (I'll have to post pictures later) The rehearsal went well (but what did you expect with Pastor Joe and myself running things?) and the dinner was GREAT! A wonderful buffet. They serve a lot of fist - cold and hot fish. We were going to hang out at the pool when we got back, but we were too tired and just went to bed.

SATURDAY: The wedding day! We slept in and then got breakfast at the hotel. It was fun to watch all the girls run around trying to leave. It was good entertainment. We went back upstairs and I started getting ready. Adam got us Taco Bell for lunch (I have been craving it for about a month!) and it cost us $15 - everything is more expensive. We headed off to the church for the wedding. Everyone arrived pretty much on time. I was nervous about being the wedding coordinator, but everything went off without a hitch. The wedding was beautiful. In Canada, you go home between the wedding and reception (the wedding was at 2:30 and the reception at 5:30) so we (I say "we", the bridal party and the tag along - that would be me) went to a park to take pictures. It was beautiful, but sooooo cold. It was about 60 degrees and we were dressed for a wedding, not the cold. The reception was fun. Again, really good food. We were planning on staying in Canada that night, but the Dunn family was heading to Washington and had an empty room. So, we went back to the hotel and packed really fast and headed about 30 minutes to the hotel in Washington and checked in and went straight to bed (We ran into Nathan and Colleen, but tried to not giggle too much - we were so tired so things were funnier. We did feel for them, running into their family on their wedding night. They got stuck at the border for a little so they were running behind. The plan was not to run into us, but that didn't happen.)

SUNDAY: We had brunch with the Dunn family, Nathan and Colleen and Colleen's family. It was nice and again, GREAT food. The place was so pretty. We were outside for awhile just watching the water and the kids play. It was cold, but a nice change. It was nice just to relax and not have a schedule. We left there a little after 3pm and headed 2 hours down to Seattle. Our hotel was 1.3 miles way from the airport! We wanted to go to a fist market and fun seafood restaurant we heard about, but were too tired so we just found a close restaurant, ate dinner and then went to the hotel and to bed.

MONDAY: We were up early. I was a mess. I was running late and even left my shampoo, razor, face wash and shaving cream at the hotel. We ate a quick breakfast and then headed to the airport. We had to have the rental car in by 8am. They scanned it at 7:56am! Our flights were on time so that was great. We had a short flight to CA and had a 2 hour layover. We were able to grab some lunch and take our time. On our next flight we had 2 movies - Fantastic 4 (the new one) and Ocean's 13 (we just can't get away from that movie)! I did much better on the flight home. We had an open seat by us and stretched out some. I didn't sleep much, but my feet and legs hardly swelled so that was WONDERFUL! We got home a little after midnight.

We're still tired - more tired today than yesterday - but had a GREAT time. It was nice to get away and so fun to hang out with everyone and be able to celebrate with Nathan and Colleen. I should have some pictures soon to post.

Biggest lesson learned on the trip: don't fly when you are pregnant! =)

No comments: