Monday, June 21, 2010

Jacob is 2-1/2 years old

...well, he was on Saturday! He is growing so fast and so is his hair! He HATES hair cuts. I have trimmed it and tried to help buy us some time, but it is almost time to get it cut. I'm tempted to shave it off because it takes 2 of us to hold him down for it to be cut, but it is such nice hair that I can't do that!

He is a wonderful little boy! He is non-stop energy. A friend of mine, who has 4 children of her own, was commenting on how she wondered how we, parents of just 1, had enough energy to keep up with him all day. He is constant movement and constant talking, but he plays great by himself (he is playing in the other room right now and singing to his movie) and wears himself out.

He still sleeps great. He gets up a bit early, 630am normally, but he then naps for 2-2.5 hours and goes to bed right at 7pm. We really can't complain.

He is talking great and says such big words. As long as he isn't whining, you can understand everything he says. He knows what he wants and he knows how to tell you. He has a great memory, which he gets from his dad (I'm in big trouble with that one!) and he is stubborn, which Adam says he gets from me. I put his Woody toy down one day next to Buzz and he got mad at me because Woody goes on the other side of Buzz...my bad, I haven't read the toy handbook yet.

He likes to help and he is pretty good at cleaning up his toys. He is so much fun!

Friday night was emotional for me. We put him in his big boy room for the first time. He screamed in his bed and kept yelling "I want get out!", but after 10min he had calmed down and slept through the night. When Adam got him up Saturday he said, "Daddy, I did it!". Hopefully that attitude will stick.

I cleaned out his "baby" room Saturday. It was weird to shut the door. Jacob is growing up and done in there and soon Parker will be in there. Sad and happy emotions.

(He just interrupted me to help him find something and as he was running to the other room he said "Go Seminoles!" Why? I don't know. I can't figure out how things pop into that kid's head, but it is entertaining!!!)

Operation Big Boy:
Round 1: move into big boy room and bed...check!
Round 2: get rid of paci. We'll give him a few weeks to get used to the room and then since we tried the quitting the paci cold turkey, I'm going to just start cutting the nipple back little by little every few days. If he wants his paci, he can have it, but it will be my way. That is the plan at least!
Round 3: potty training, but not until after the baby is here and mommy isn't gone so much.

1 comment:

Metzler Family said...

aww! go you! and he IS adorable. i am proud of the big boy room mom adjustment you made..i cant imagine what that will be like and at the appropriate time, will need your consoling. and 2ndly -what a great paci idea! isaac never took a paci but i will keep that one in mind!