Saturday, June 19, 2010

Big Day

Today is a big day for me and full of emotions. One of the reasons I'll post about later, but the other is because I'm 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant and this is the longest I've ever been pregnant before. Here is a glimpse of my emotions this time and 2.5 years ago with Jacob:

30 weeks with Jacob: I got ready that morning completely unaware that by lunch time my world would never be the same. I went to work and then to my doctor's appointment, only to be sent to the hospital. Adam and I went to sleep that night (well, we tried) hoping that maybe my blood pressure would come down and if not that Jacob would be born that weekend (it was a Tuesday).

30 weeks with Parker: I got ready that morning, emotional about what 30 weeks with Jacob had been. I was so grateful that nothing in my world would change that day. I went to work, then studied and then went to school to take 2 tests.

30 weeks and 1 day with Jacob: We woke up that morning and were told that Jacob would be born that day. I was so sick and I think Adam was so focused on making me comfortable that neither of us completely understood what that meant...to have our child 10 weeks early! The c-section was scheduled for after lunch, but I got worst and they said they were taking him now and he was born about 30min later.

30 weeks and 1 day with Parker: I woke up realizing that by lunch time I would reach a point in my pregnancy that I had never hit with Jacob. Adam's GA family was in town and wanted to play with him, so I ran errands all day and then came home hoping to be productive, but rested instead. What a contrast to 2.5 years ago!

30 weeks and 2 days with Jacob: I never reached that point.

30 weeks and 2 days with Parker: big day for us. I have never been this pregnant before, but I'm super excited and can't wait to see what it is like!

God is so faithful to not only carry us through this point with flying colors, but to keep me healthy with all of the added stress of school and our crazy summer. I'm patiently waiting for my baby boy to be born and looking forward to holding him right after he is born (not several days later like with Jacob) and bringing him home from the hospital with us!

No comments: