Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Busy Days at the Shaw House

We have been super busy at the Shaw house. Just when I though I was finally getting a handle on this whole work part-time, mommy full-time, full-time house cleaner and youth pastor, I went and added 2 more things.

#1: I am going to school again! It isn't as crazy as it seems. At church, we are having seminary classes through the International College of Ministry. They are accredited with the state of Florida. Each class counts as 3 credit hours and is only 8 weeks long. The classes are on Monday nights (mine is from 7:40-9:10). I am going to get a masters in Christian Psychology. I'm really excited. I am so interested in this. It should only take a year, but I'm going slower. I don't know if I'll take back-to-back classes (right now I'm taking Prophetic Counseling and LOVING it!) and it isn't the cheapest thing in the world. So with each "semester" we'll evaluate the time and money and go from there. I'm really enjoying it!

#2: I'm going to the gym. We signed up for a membership at Lifestyles (ok, I have to interrupt myself...Jacob is supposed to be napping and he is spitting and I can hardly concentrate to type as I'm distracted and amused by my son!). The best part is that they have classes and child care! I'm going 3 days a week. I have done good so far (2.5 weeks). I'm trying to cut my calories and lose some major weight. It is not fun, but it is worth it. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing.

Adding both of those has definitely complicated my schedule. It is an adjustment to get everything done, but I'm really happy to make it.

No pictures up today, sorry. Part of that adjustment thing. Just don't have time to get it all in (today not only did I go to the gym, but I'm playing piano and singing for youth worship tonight so I have to leave early for that - I have cut my at home time almost in half from what it is normally).

Jacob is doing GREAT. He is walking all of the time. I'm told he is talking more. He constantly makes noise and I tend to not really listen to what he is saying. How do I know when he can say a new word? Somebody else tells me. How awful is that? Sometimes I wonder if there is going to be permanent damage from me treating him like he is my 3rd kid instead of my 1st.

Well, I need to go and start dinner. 2 hours before I have to leave for youth and I have dinner to make, dish up, clean up, a house to pick up (it looks like a land mine went off in Jacob's toys), a child to convince that it is nap time, laundry to fold and 2 bathrooms that really need to be cleaned, but we'll see if those bathrooms get fit in. =)

Oh, and I have a dog that hasn't pottyed all day . . .

No comments: