Sunday, December 28, 2008

Talin's Birth

Mr. Talin was born on Christmas Eve at 1:13 in the afternoon. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and is 19.5" long!

He was supposed to come on December 29th, but Jenny started labor the night before and headed to the hospital around 9am on Christmas Eve. The doctors determined that she was in labor and since she was going to have a c-section (once you have one they make you deliver all of your babies that way), that they would take her that afternoon.

I was at home milling around the house and wrapping presents when we got the call. I was so excited. I jumped in the shower and got ready as fast as I could. I have to wrap a few presents, cook a casserole and pack Jacob's stuff (we were heading to my dad's house for dinner) and I really didn't want to miss the baby. Thankfully, I made it to the hospital with 30min to spare.

What a privilege to be a part of such a miracle. It was so fun to be there for Jenny and Scott. As excited as I was, my mind kept taking me back to when I was in that operating room having Jacob. Someone came out of a door by the viewing window and I looked back and saw that that was the door to the NICU. I didn't know it was right there! I was flooded with emotions. Emotions over what happened to me and the realization of how scary it was and how sick I really was. They left the blinds open the entire time they sewed Jenny up (they didn't open them until Talin was pulled out) and we got to watch them tend to the baby and even wave to Jenny. With me, they closed the blinds immediately. I was also full of emotions of the experience that I missed. I had no idea that the baby stayed in the room so long and went to recovery with mom and never left! I saw Jacob as they wheeled me through the NICU on the way to my room and then I didn't see him until 2 days later and he never got to come to my room. Lastly I was filled with emotions on what I have to come with my next one. What a fun, new and exciting experience we will have.

But, enough about me. Back to Jenny and Talin. He did great. It was so fun to hear him cry and cry when they weighed him. He has a good set of lungs! He looked so tiny and yet so big. I am so happy that I was given the opportunity by Jenny and Scott to be a part of their big day. It might have something to due with the fact that I was the unofficial photographer. Here are some of the 260 pictures of that day!



Download the pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/AdamAndAngela/TalinSBirth#

No comments: