Tuesday, November 06, 2007

We are registered!

Saturday Adam and I registered. It was so much fun - well Target was overwhelming and Babies R Us was more fun.

Target: we started there and tried to register for as much as possible there. The prices are better and it is more convenient for people. I found myself very overwhelmed by picking out everything. How many pacifiers do I need? What if he doesn't like the bottles I picked out? Oh my, I need towels and wash cloths - how many? Burp cloths - how many is too many? Is there really a thing as too many burp cloths? I like the soft kind - which one is that? Oh my, I was very overwhelmed. Adam did good for the most part. He got a little tired at the end and was not looking forward to an entire store of baby stuff next.

Babies R Us: this was much easier. It was more fun for Adam because we picked out the bath and stroller and things like that. We tried to register for all of our big stuff there (although, we did register for the high chair and swing at Target because I liked it better there). By the time we got there, I was just scanning things - blankets, bottles, all sorts of stuff. I think we got everything. Did you know you had to buy a mattress for the crib? They can be really expensive! We chose the cheapest one because (1) Jacob will never know the difference and (2) we picked out some expensive things so we were trying to find a balance. It is so hard to know what we will need. My fear is that he will not have any clothes or I'll use all my burp cloths in one day or what if I need something and don't have it? It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but so much fun. We did order our furniture (even though that is what we are asking for for Christmas - we needed to make sure it will be in in time) so that was fun to know that we will be able to get that shortly.

All in all, I think it was a success. Adam enjoyed it (victory!) and I think we got everything we need. Who knows! Thankfully Walgreens is just around the corner for the emergency runs!

No comments: