Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Adventure

A lot has been happening in the Shaw home lately. Christmas is around the corner and the house is decorated! I impressed myself - I thought it would take me all week, but we don't have too much room for stuff so I got motivated yesterday and got it done (I'm starting to take after my super motivated husband - yikes!)

Update on how Mommy is doing: I'm doing ok. I can say that it is getting harder and harder. I haven't slept through the night since Tuesday night and I am feeling that. I wake up itching or with a headache or just wake up and can't get comfortable. I am swelling and my right hand keeps going numb because of it and I think my left hand is starting to think about joining in on the fun. I go to the doctor Wednesday and I looking forward hearing Jacob's heartbeat. I must say, when I feel my worst (like when I had to lay down this morning because my head hurt so badly) he moves the most, so that is fun and reassuring.

Update on how Daddy is doing: He is doing good. He is learning how to sleep when I toss and turn all night - definitely a skill to be learned! He is getting more and more excited. He is anxious for Jacob to get bigger so that he can feel him move more.

Our adventure this weekend . . .

Part 1: We painted Jacob's room! It looks so good. I love the paint color! We got some of his furniture out and tried to arrange it. We still have to arrange the room, get the couch out and put together the crib, but it looks so different already. We did have a slight adventure when a quart of the paint split and got on the carpet. My super wonderful husband cleaned it up quickly and with the help of our little carpet cleaner it just about all came up.

Part 2: The picture kind of gives away the punch line (no pun intended there). So my dog has starting barking very loud and mean at anything and everything outside. My neighbor was out in his yard and Garnet starting barking again. We were upstairs painting so I went in the sun room to open the window and yell at him to be quiet. Those windows stick and sometimes are hard to open. I was pushing with my left hand, but still couldn't get it open. I couldn't hit it with my right hand because it was really hurting me sooooo I used my elbow - stupid, stupid, stupid. You guessed it - my elbow went through the window. I have a nice v shaped cut and a broken window now. I cried - maybe from pain, maybe from frustration, maybe from embarrassment - I don't know. So, while I was holding a paper towel on my cut trying to stop the bleeding and Adam was cleaning up the split paint (yes, part 1 & part 2 of our adventures happened within about 5 min of each other), Micah ran up to Walgreens to get butterfly bandages for me. We got the paint and the cut cleaned up and finished up for the day without any more adventures.

I'll try and post some pictures of the window and Jacob's room tomorrow. So many adventures in just one weekend. Hopefully next weekend will be a bit slower, but you never know!

No comments: