Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm 12 weeks today!

In one sense the time has really flown. I can't believe I am only one week away from entering my second trimester. On the other hand, time has passed really, really slow. I find myself wanting it to pass more quickly. I can't wait to go to the doctor next and hear the heartbeat. I am anxious for my belly to get bigger. My clothes are getting uncomfortable and there are a few things I can't wear, but I'm not big enough to buy new clothes yet.

I'm feeling pretty good. Normally in the mornings and towards the end of the work day I start to feel a little weird, but nothing too bad. Brushing my teeth when I am tired has become an adventure.

We went on our youth retreat a little over a week ago. It was wonderful, but it took me a week to recover. Everything is so different and I keep being amazed at how much my body is changing and how things affect me.

Adam and I went to Babies R Us on Saturday night. It was soooo much fun. We hadn't done anything like that since we found out we were pregnant. In true Adam and Angela fashion, we couldn't just go and browse, no we ended up picking out our furniture and pack 'n play. I think I'll go and browse once more before we register. I never imagined it would be so much fun. We will need a lot of stuff. I still have about 2 more months before we find out what the baby is going to be and that means 2 more months until we register. I'm looking forward to picking out all sorts of fun stuff for our child!

To answer the question that I have been asked so many times: do I have a feeling of what the sex of the baby is or do I want one more than the other . . . no. I go back and forth. I have always wanted a boy first (mainly because I always wanted an older brother), but then again it would be so fun to have a little girl and we don't have any baby girls in the family yet. I really don't know. I have found 2 girls names that I like and girl bedding and find myself more indecisive on the boy stuff. I could get philosophical and say it is possibly because I am having a girl or because I'm having a boy and God wants me not to have everything figured out and just trust Him. Either way, I just want a baby and have a long time until I find out. I'm just trying to keep my mind busy so I don't think about it too much.

Lastly, we have nicknames for the baby (well, other people have nicknamed the baby) as BB (short for baby and said the same way - more of an email nickname) and peanut. I just like to call it baby, my baby!

No comments: