Tuesday, July 31, 2007

THERE'S A BABY IN MY BELLY!
Today Adam and I went to the doctor - our first "official" visit. I was so excited and couldn't wait to hear the heartbeat and hopefully see the baby. Well, we couldn't hear the heartbeat, but the doctor did an internal sonogram and we could see the baby!
It was so incredible. There really is a baby in there! We could see the hearbeat and I even could tell what I was looking at before the doctor told us! It was so neat. She printed out the picture below for us.

She held the wand still and we could see the baby move. "It" was kicking it's feet and moving around the bottom half of it's body. It was too cute. It was on its head and I think it was practicing head stands or maybe break dancing.

Our next appointment is August 28th and we should definitely hear the heartbeat then.

I am changing so much. I don't look pregnant yet, but my stomach feels different when I push on it. I thought I might be feeling the uterus, but the doctor said it was tilted towards my back (which is no problem). I can't wait until I start showing (neither can Carrie!).

I will go see a high risk doctor when we get back from the youth retreat. They will do genetic testing (it is just blood work and a sonogram that shows the thickness of the baby's spine) just to make sure it doesn't have anything. Not that that would change anything if the baby does have something, Adam and I want to just be prepared for the wonderful gift that God has given us.

I am SOOOOO excited. I got to meet my baby today and it had its first picture taken!

No comments: