Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm having a baby!

We are really pregnant. I can't believe it! I am so excited and tired and hungry, always hungry. I am 8 weeks along now and I'm not showing yet, but I sure am bloated!
Here's the story of how we found out:

It was planned and it was so hard for me to be patient and wait for the missed period. We went on a cruise to the eastern Caribbean and had a blast. When we got back I noticed that I was tired and hungry. I thought I was just re-cooping from the trip and adjusting to not eating so much. I wondered if I was pregnant, but God was gracious and helped to keep me thinking about it non-stop. Finally I couldn't take it and I took a test on Thursday, June 21st and it was POSITIVE. I was so excited. I was home eating lunch and it was so hard to go back to work and act like everything was normal. Before the day was over I took 4 tests (I just wanted to make sure; I took 2 from 2 different brands).

I told Adam that night. I had made a book for him with pictures and went through the poem "adam and angela sitting in a tree . . ." He said "really!?!" He is super excited.
I went to the doctors that next Tuesday and found out I was already 5 weeks along. We then told our moms and they were thrilled. They cannot wait! Since then it has been a crazy time telling everyone. It has been fun in that some people are totally surprised and some people knew it before we told them.

Our first "prepping for the baby" task is to clean out the baby's room. Until now that room has been used for storage, but we just got an attic ladder so time to get to cleaning! We aren't going paint the room until we find out what it is. We will either paint the room blue (for a boy) or green (for a girl), although I really want a blue room, so our little girl might just get blue.

I'm going to try and post often to keep you up-to-date on the progress. I go back to the doctor at the end of the month (right before we go away for our youth retreat) and we will get to hear the heart beat then. I can't wait. Adam's grandmother thinks it is a boy and she has never been wrong. We will see. It is so fun to really not care what we have - we are just super excited!

No comments: