Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Our life with Parker

Parker had his milk in one hand and his paci in the other. He wanted to drink his milk but couldn’t because he couldn’t figure out where to put the paci. He was frozen and adorable. I took his paci and he happily drank his milk.

Parker loves my phone. I try not to give it to him often, but sometimes it is nice to be able to give him something to help occupy him at times. Today he wanted my phone. I told him instead that I would give him all of my love. He didn’t like that trade. I don’t know why an endless supply of kisses isn’t as much fun as an iPhone.

Parker wants to eat dinner at 5:30. We eat dinner at 6:00. Needless to say, that 30min as I’m trying to finish dinner is a bit stressful. Parker’s new favorite way to deal with that time is to stand at my feet, screaming, with tears running down his cheeks and pull at my shorts to try and climb up my leg. Lately I’ve been wearing basketball or volleyball shorts around the house (comfortable attire when I’m not going anywhere). This creates a problem because they have an elastic waist band. So now I don’t just get to finish dinner with a 1-year-old screaming around my ankles, but I also get to cook with my shorts almost around my ankles. We have a great time in our house!


No comments: