Sunday, February 08, 2009

Is the drama over?

It seems that things are slowing down in the Shaw house, finally. Let's see, where did I leave off last time?

Thursday: Jacob had a total of 3 blow-outs leading to 2 baths. He was fussy and took 3 naps. I just quit washing the tub and filled the washer with water and kept adding to it all day. I figured I would run the washer at the end of the day and would wash the tub when I knew it was done washing poop.

Friday: A much better day. Jacob started the day with a bath, but only because his diaper had so much pee in it that it couldn't hold the runny poop. He was in a much better mood and didn't have any blow-outs. He stilled didn't like me being on the computer at all (glad I got all of my work done) and wanted me to sit on the floor while he played, but when I did that he played great. I haven't seen him play that well in a long time. He has learned how to clap and it is so cute. He only moves one hand. He is standing more by himself, but he doesn't realize it when he does it.

That night, one of my "old"youth girls, Ally, got back from 6 months in Hawaii so my mom came over so that Adam and I could go to a welcome back party at Gators (yum!). We called my mom on the way home, remember that Jacob has had a GREAT day and seems to be better, and she had gone in to cover Jacob and found that he had thrown up in his sleep (and still was asleep). Here we go again. He wasn't too upset when we got home; just needing some mommy time.

Saturday: Jacob woke up at about 730 (I was hoping he would sleep in a little more) and Adam went and got him. He had thrown up again (I'm glad that I have multiple crib sheets) and so back to the bath tub. He didn't have any blow-out diapers that day, but when I was putting him down for his morning nap, he pucked on both of us. I was able to catch it with my body and run into my bathroom and dump it in the bathtub (his blanket caught most of it).

I have decided that he had the stomach flu, but he also has this cough with drainage that hasn't let his stomach calm down. He had a coughing fit right before he threw up. So, I jumped in the shower to clean me up (none of it got on Jacob) and Adam put him down for his nap.

Adam hadn't been feeling well all morning, but thought it was just Gators. He jumped in the shower once Jacob was down and I was brushing my teeth when he started throwing up. I came back into the bathroom when Adam was done and he was still convinced that it was dinner, but he did lay down in bed and drift off to sleep.

I kept cleaning as my house is a wreck and filled with germs. Adam had horrible stomach cramps and at some point took a hot bath to try and relax his body and threw up again. Now he was convinced, just like I told him, that he was really sick. So the rest of the day was filled with trying to clean and taking care of my boys. I was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until Adam put Jacob on me.

Last night non of us slept well. Jacob coughed all night and Adam was awake a ton. I think we both saw every 1/2 hour. For about 30min in the night I was awake listening to Adam's stomach rumble (he hadn't eaten anything since Friday night).

I wanted to go church this morning and leave the boys at home (I hate missing), but I was so tired that Jacob and I took a morning nap while Adam went to the grocery store (he gets stir-crazy if he has too much down time and had to get out and I didn't complain). I got up and have been bleaching the house. Both boys seem to be doing better and although I feel exhausted, so far my stomach has been ok.

I'm going to go to our young marrieds group tonight and leave the boys at home. I've been home since Tuesday (except for a quick trip to Altamonte Wednesday) and really need to get out of the house (I have never been so excited to go to work on Monday!). Hopefully everyone will stay well. Adam is just tired and sore, but his stomach is feeling ok. Jacob seems to be doing pretty good and has had normal diapers all day. He is a momma's boy right now, but that will not last long.

Since my little man is up I need to go shampoo my bedroom carpet again to get rid of the left-overs from Jacob's Wednesday drama.

I hate drama. Can the Shaw house be done with it? I'm ready to tell stories of my cute little man, not my pucking men! =)

No comments: