Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sometimes I remind myself that I am a blonde . . .
. . . and I wonder if blondes should be allowed to be pregnant - it might not be in the best interest of the baby.

When I left the hospital Monday night, they told me to drink 10 glasses of water a day. I thought, holy cow that is a lot, but I decided that I was going to do it. I set a reminder on my computer at work to go off every hour and thought if I downed one an hour I would be able to pull it off. I started Tuesday and by noon I had downed 4 water bottles. I went to lunch and felt funny. I felt like I was swimming. It was if I didn't have room in my stomach for lunch because it was full of water. I then started to think - something I should have done that morning - they wanted me to drink 10 GLASSES of water and I think that that means 10 8oz glasses of water. I called Adam who confirmed my thinking and it was then that I realized that I have finished off 80oz of water before lunch - that is how much I was supposed to drink that entire day! No wonder I felt like I was swimming - I really was swimming!

Update on Jacob: he is doing well. The doctor checked on him yesterday and his heart rate is good. My belly is measuring 28cm and it is supposed to measure 1cm per week +/- 2 (so that means it is just perfect). He is starting to become more active and that is so much fun!

Update on Mommy: well, I have been awake since 2am (so, if any of this doesn't make sense you understand why). I hadn't been sleeping at all and then I slept GREAT Monday and Tuesday night, but then last night it was back to the itching and the tossing and turning. The only thing I can figure is that on Monday and Tuesday I had no caffeine. So today I experiment - no caffeine and we'll see how I sleep. Hopefully that is the reason and I can go back to sleeping. So, I have been feeling better, but today I just feel weird and really tired. But still so happy to be an almost mom!

No comments: