Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Jacob and Mommy Update

As some of you heard, I went to the hospital early last night (around 6pm). Everything is fine and I'm feeling better. I have had (and still have) a TON of swelling (my ankles have disappeared and my fingers are numb from the swelling in my hands) and my blood pressure has been border line lately. At my last doctor's appointment they ordered some test to be run just to make sure everything was OK.

When I was fixing dinner I got a spot in my vision and then it got blurry. It was really weird. I thought I had something in my contact, but after washing it 5 times and then taking them out, it still hadn't gone away and I started to get a head ache.

When this happens, they like for you to go in and get everything checked out just to make sure. Adam, of course, was in Clermont so I called Stacy - my cousin who is a labor and delivery nurse - and she picked me up and we headed to Florida Hospital South where we were met by my mom and sister and soon Adam (My family couldn't stay away. Micah wanted to come, but had homework. He told my mom to call if anything was wrong and he would come right away. There wasn't anything for them to do - Mom and Juli ended up going to get some food. Just a lot of waiting on the tests).

My blood pressure was higher than they like (the top number was sticking around 141 to 138 - and they like it to be at 110, I think), but Jacob's heart rate was good and my reflexes were good (I don't know what that has to do with anything, but since I was so swollen it was a good thing). They took 3 vials of blood to test and were able to get the results from the other tests that I just had run and everything looked good. They sent me home and I have to go to the doctor's office for a follow-up visit tomorrow.

I'm glad everything checked out ok. I wish I could have done that from home, but you never know and I'm glad I went in. It was good to listen to Jacob's heartbeat for over an hour. It is just too cute. We were home by 9pm. I slept really good (which was a HUGE blessing since I have been getting 3-4 hours of sleep per night the past 3 nights) and I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm tired, but a good kind of tired. I think I'll sleep well tonight and Jacob and I decided no more trips to the hospital until he is ready to come out!

84 days until we meet him!

No comments: