Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jacob Graduated

Yesterday we took Jacob to an appointment with his developmental doctor. Adam was able to go with us (which Jacob was VERY excited when we pulled up to his work) and that was nice to have him join us for the afternoon.

Even though it was past his nap time, Jacob did very well. She asked us a TON of questions like does he do 2-word commands? (you mean "come here and give me a kiss"? yes) and can he kick a ball? (yes). We answered yes to probably 98% of the questions.

Next she put him in a high-chair and had him do a puzzle, put pegs in holes (he was really cute when he put all of the pegs in the holes and have one peg left and no hole...he kept looking for it). She then pulled out a book about animals and went through each one and asked him what the animal was and what sound it made.

Before I tell you what he did, I have to back up a little. When he was just playing in the room he found a dinosaur. As soon as he picked it up he started growling (at one point he did notice the dinosaur's long neck and made an "s" sound, like he was trying to say "snake"). So, when she pulled out the animal book, he growled at every animal. He growled so much that he choked.

(I'm taking him to the farm tomorrow and I can't wait to see what he does when the animals make noise. I'm guessing he will growl. Where did he learn this behavior?!?)

Jacob is 18-months old and 15.5-months old (the age he should have been if he could have "baked" longer). So he needed to test between that age range. He talking tested at 18.5 months and his motor skills tested at 17.5 months! She said that he still had a little tightness in his right leg/ankle, but it is nothing to be concerned about.

When we were all done, she said that he had graduated and didn't have to come back! I'm so excited and so proud of my little boy. We have one last appointment because he was born early (a check up at the eye doctor when he is 2) and then we should be done.

He is such a miracle baby. I love him so much. I am having so much fun with him lately, but I'll blog more about that later...

No comments: